Cafe Cream Toffee Torte
A ready-made pound cake mades this coffee ice cream torte a snap to make.
6 (1.4-ounce) English toffee-flavored candy bars, coarsely chopped
1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
2 tablespoons light rum*
1 (10.75-ounce) ready-made pound cake, cut into 1/2-inch slices
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 quart premium chocolate ice cream, softened
2 tablespoons cream de cacao or Irish cream liqueur
- Reserve half of chopped candy bars for topping. Sprinkle remaining chopped candy bars in bottom of an ungreased 10-inch springform pan; set aside.
- Combine coffee ice cream and rum; spread ice cream mixture over candy bar layer. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Arrange pound cake slices over frozen ice cream layer; cover and freeze until firm.
- Place chocolate in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in almonds. spread mixture over frozen pound cake layer; cover and freeze until firm.
- Combine chocolate ice cream and creme de cacao; spread over frozen chocolate layer. Sprinkle with half of reserved chopped candy bars; cover and freeze until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before serving. Carefully remove sides of springform pan. Gently pat remaining chopped candy bars onto sides of torte. Serve immediately.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.