California Lemon Crunch Dessert
A buttery, coconut and oat crust is topped with a fluffy, lemon yogurt filling.
1 (7-ounce) package shredded coconut
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups quick or old fashioned oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 (8-ounce) containers lemon yogurt
1 (8-ounce) container nondairy frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
Lemon peel twists (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F(175°C).
- Place coconut in single layer in 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until coconut is lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Cool completely; set aside.
- For Crust: Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add combined oats, flour, nuts, cinnamon and baking soda; mix well.
- Reserve 1 cup coconut for topping and stir remaining coconut into crust mixture. Press dough evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Filling: In large bowl, combine all ingredients. Spread mixture evenly over cooled crust. Sprinkle with reserved coconut. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares to serve. Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings.