Captain Hershey's Rum Pudding
Irresistible chocolate bread pudding spiked with rum and spices, served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzled with chocolate syrup.
10 large eggs
1 cup rum or spiced rum*
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 quart heavy cream
1 loaf Italian or French bread, cubed (about 10 cups)
Vanilla ice cream
HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat conventional oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter or oil 10 to 12 individual baking dishes.
- In large bowl with wire whisk, blend together eggs, rum, spices and vanilla.
- Place HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, sugar and HERSHEY'S Cocoa in heavy saucepan. Gradually blend in cream.
- Over low heat, stirring constantly, heat until HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet
Chocolate Chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Gradually blend into egg mixture.
- Add bread, stirring to coat. Let stand until all bread is soaked (about 2 to 3 hours). Stir occasionally.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dishes.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- To Serve: Place a serving portion onto dessert plates with scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup. Garnish as desired.
Makes 6 servings.
*1/2 cup water plus 1 tablespoon vanilla extract can be substituted for each cup of rum.
Tip: If pudding is cold, reheat in microwave at HIGH 30 seconds.
Recipe courtesy of HersheysSyrup.com.