Holidays or any day, this is a wonderfully, flavorful cheesecake not to be missed.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
Vegetable cooking spray
1 (12-ounce) package rozen escalloped apples
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter
2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar - divided use
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Whipped cream (optional)
Garnish: Toasted chopped pecans
1 (12-ounce) package frozen escalloped apples
1 cup sour cream
1 ( 16-ounce) package light brown sugar
- For Crust: Stir together first 4 ingredients; press mixture evenly on bottom and three-fourths up sides of a 10-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Freeze 20 minutes.
- For Filling: Thaw harvest apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes; let stand 2 minutes. Stir together apples and flour.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add apple mixture and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining 1 1/2 cups brown sugar until blended; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla; beat until blended. Pour half of mixture into prepared crust. Gently spoon apple mixture on top, spreading to within 1-inch of edge. Spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over apple mixture, starting at outer edge and working toward the center.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175ºC) for 1 hour. Turn off oven, and let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Chill 8 hours. Serve with Caramel-Apple Sauce and, if desired, whipped cream. Garnish with toasted pecans, if desired.
- For Caramel-Apple Sauce: Thaw harvest apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes; let stand 2 minutes.
- Stir together sour cream and brown sugar in a large saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 4 to 5 minutes or until sugar is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in apples. Cool. (Mixture will thicken.) Chill, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.