Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Apple lovers everywhere will want to try
this delectable dessert.
Caramel Apple Napoleons
- 1/2 (17.25-ounce) package frozen puff
pastry sheets, thawed
2 (12-ounce) packages frozen escalloped apples
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Vanilla ice cream for accompaniment (optional)
- Unfold pastry sheet; cut into 9 (3 1/2-inch)
squares. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 10 to
- Thaw escalloped apples in microwave at
MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes; let stand 2 minutes.
- Heat whipping cream in a medium saucepan
over low heat.
- Cook sugar, 1/4 cup water, and lemon juice
over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until
mixture turns an amber color. Gradually pour sugar mixture into
whipping cream, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes.
- Split pastry squares horizontally in half.
Layer bottom halves with half of apples, half of caramel sauce,
and half of pecans. Repeat procedure, stacking remaining pastry,
apples, sauce, and pecans. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Makes 9 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé®
and Meals.com, used
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.