Caramel Apple Napoleons
Apple lovers everywhere will want to try this delectable dessert.
1/2 (17.25-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
2 (12-ounce) packages frozen escalloped apples
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Vanilla ice cream for accompaniment (optional)
- Unfold pastry sheet; cut into 9 (3 1/2-inch) squares. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 10 to 13 minutes.
- Thaw escalloped apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes; let stand 2 minutes.
- Heat whipping cream in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Cook sugar, 1/4 cup water, and lemon juice over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until mixture turns an amber color. Gradually pour sugar mixture into whipping cream, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes.
- Split pastry squares horizontally in half. Layer bottom halves with half of apples, half of caramel sauce, and half of pecans. Repeat procedure, stacking remaining pastry, apples, sauce, and pecans.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Makes 9 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.