Carrot 'N Raisin Cheesecake
If you love carrot cake, then it's practically a sure thing that you will love this cheesecake.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened - divided use
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour - divided use
4 large eggs
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 10 minutes.
- Combine 20 ounces softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup flour; mixing until well blended. Blend in 4 eggs and 1/4 cup orange juice. Stir in 1/4 cup flour, grated carrots, raisins, nutmeg, and ginger; mix well. Pour over the crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450°F (230°C) for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 250ºF (120ºC) and continue baking for 55 minutes.
- Loosen the cake from the rim of the pan; cool before removing from the pan. Chill.
- Combine remaining 4 ounces cream cheese and 1 tablespoon orange juice. Gradually add powdered sugar; mixing until well blended. Spread over the top of the cheesecake.
Makes 12 servings.