Cheddar Apple Crisp
Your guests will ooh-and-ahh over how the flavor of sharp cheddar cheese laced throughout the crisp, crumbled topping enhances the sweet apple filling of this classic fruit dessert.
4 cups apples (crisp and tart such as Braeburn), peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 plus 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed - divided use
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup Black Creek cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine apples, lemon juice and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Arrange in buttered 8 or 9-inch square pan.
- Combine dry ingredients and cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; gently mix in cheese. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, garnish with shredded cheese.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided by DCI Cheese Company, Inc., via Brandpoint Content; Copyright 1996-2014.