Cheese Lover's Passionate 'Pair'-ing
A dessert casserole of both apple and pear topped with a sweetened bread crumb mixture, two types of cheese and pepper jelly, served with crispy flour tortlla wedges.
2 medium Fuji apples, cored and sliced
1 ripe pear, cored and sliced
2 tablespoons bread crumbs, very fine
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 cup (4-ounces) grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup (4-ounces) grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons pepper jelly
6 small flour tortillas, cut into sixths
- In a 9-inch round pie pan, layer apples and pears. Combine bread crumbs with brown sugar and sprinkle over the fruit. Mix cheeses together and lay over the fruit and crumb mixture. Top with pepper jelly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350°F (175°F).
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place tortilla wedges on baking sheet in single layer. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake until lightly toasted, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve tortilla wedges with fruit and cheese mixture.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.