A scoop of vanilla ice cream will top this easy cherry dessert perfectly.
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
6 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Remove pan from heat; stir in oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt until a dry, crumbly dough forms. Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of 9-inch square pan, making a firm, even layer.
- Spread cherry pie filling on the crust, and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.