A delightful cherry twist on the classic Italian dessert, Tiramisu.
2 (10-ounce) jars maraschino cherries
2 (8-ounce) cartons mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons amaretto or brandy
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup water
42 crisp ladyfinger cookies
2 (1.55-ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, grated
- Drain cherries, reserving juice and 9 cherries; set aside. Chop remaining cherries.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, sugar amaretto, vanilla and 1 tablespoon cherry juice. In another bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; gently fold into cheese mixture.
- Combine water and remaining cherry juice.
- Arrange 14 ladyfingers in an ungreased 9-inch square pan. Brush with 3/4 cup cherry juice mixture. Spread 1 1/3 cups cheese mixture over ladyfingers. Sprinkle with half of the chopped cherries and grated chocolate. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining ladyfingers and cheese mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls and reserved cherries.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Makes 9 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was prepared with Alessi brand crisp ladyfinger cookies.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Nationalcherries.com; through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.