Like a warm, melty chocolate ganache laced
with quartered maraschino cherries and cherry juice.
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 (6-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, well
drained and quartered (reserve juice)
- 2 (15.25-ounce) cans Bartlett pear slices
in heavy syrup, drained
- 1 pound cake or angel food cake, cut into
- Place chocolate pieces and whipping cream
in a 2-cup glass measure. Microwave for 1 minute or until chips
are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in cherries and reserved
- Pour chocolate mixture into fondue pot.
- Use fondue forks or wooden picks to dip
pear slices and cake cubes into chocolate mixture.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories:
372; Fat: 16 g; Saturated Fat: 9 g; Cholesterol: 72 mg; Sodium:
173 mg; Carbohydrates: 56 g; Protein: 4 g; Fiber: 2 g
Recipe provided courtesy of www.usacherries.com,
through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.