Cherry Rhubarb Crumble
Recipe courtesy of B.C. Tree Fruits Limited.
3 cups pitted cherries
1 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
3 1/2 tablespoons liquid honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled (old-fashioned) oats
1/4 cup cold unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a 13x9x2-inch baking pan, combine pitted cherries and chopped rhubarb. Drizzle with honey, lemon juice, almond and vanilla extract. Gently toss to combine well.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together brown sugar, packed, flour, rolled (old-fashioned) oats and salt. Using your fingers cut butter into small pieces and mix with oat mixture until it combines and becomes crumbly. Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the fruit is soft and the crumble mixture is golden brown.
- Serve crumble while still warm with some vanilla extract ice cream or vanilla yogurt. The crumble will keep three days in the refrigerator or may be frozen for up to a month.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories: 221; Total Fat: 6g; Total Carbs: 40g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 3g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of B.C. Tree Fruits Limited.