Cherry Swirled Cheesecake
This luscious, reduced-calorie cheesecake—with pretty swirls of red cherry purée—is perfect for special occasions.
Vegetable cooking spray
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
2 (8-ounce) packages fat free cream cheese (NOT product in tub)
1 (14-ounce) can low fat sweetened condensed milk
4 large egg whites
1 large egg
1/3 cup bottled lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300ºF (150ºC). Spray bottom and sides of 8-inch spring form pan with cooking spray; sprinkle crumbs on bottom of pan.
- In electric blender or food processor container, purée cherry pie filling until smooth. Add orange rind; set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in low fat sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add egg whites, egg, bottled lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir in flour.
- Pour half of batter in prepared pan. Spoon 1/2 cup cherry purée evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter. Drop by spoonfuls 1/2 cup cherry purée over batter; with knife or spatula gently swirl. Reserve remaining purée.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until center is set. Cool. Chill.
- Serve with remaining purée if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 240 calories; 11g protein; 2.5g fat; 43 carbohydrate; 30mg cholesterol; 260mg sodium (values are rounded).% of Calories from: protein 18%, total fat 9%, carbohydrate 73%.
Recipe and photograph are provided courtesy of the Cherry Marketing Institute.