Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
An irresistible cheesecake with a delectable trio of flavors: chocolate, caramel and pecans.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (14-ounce) package soft caramels, unwrapped
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
1 cup chopped pecans
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
Sweetened whipped cream for accompaniment (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and 1 inch up side of of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and milk on HIGH for 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, or until caramels are completely melted. Pour over baked crust and sprinkle with pecans. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add chocolate and vanilla and mix well. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended; pour cheesecake mixture over pecans, pouring first around the edge and filling center last. Place springform pan on baking sheet.
- Bake 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings.