Chocolate-Chip Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Watch for the smiles to appear when you bring out these ice cream sandwich treats for dessert.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups quick or old fashioned oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or raisins
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir in flour mixture and mix; stir in oats and chocolate chips just until mixed through out dough.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- To make sandwiches, place a small scoop of ice cream on bottom side of one cookie; top with second cookie and press down gently. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
Makes about 2 dozen ice cream sandwiches.