Old-fashioned chocolate cobbler is a special treat your family will ask for again.
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 1/2 cups boiling water
Premium vanilla ice cream for accompaniment
Hot fudge sauce for accompaniment
- Melt the butter in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan in a 350°F (175°C) oven.
- Combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, pecans, 1 1/2 tablespoons baking cocoa, milk and vanilla in a small bowl; spoon mixture over the melted butter. Do Not stir to mix.
- Mix the 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup baking cocoa together and drizzle over the batter. Do NOT stir to mix.
- Next, pour the boiling water over the top. Do Not stir to mix.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and topped with hot fudge sauce.
Makes 12 servings.