Teaming two favorites such as cheesecake and chocolate wafer cookies results in a truly rich, yet low-fat and satisfying confection worthy of company. Enjoy these toothsome wedges with a dollop of whipped cream.
24 chocolate wafers, finely crushed
3 tablespoons water
1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
1/2 cup egg beaters (or 2 large eggs)
12 ounces light cream cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
1 tablespoon lavender flowers (optional garnish)
- In a small bowl, toss chocolate wafer crumbs with water, a tablespoon at a time, until crumbs are moistened. Press onto bottom of 8-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In electric blender or food processor, blend cottage cheese and eggs until smooth, scraping down sides of container as necessary.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth. Add cottage cheese mixture, cocoa, flour and vanilla; beat until well blended and smooth. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake in a 300°F (150°C) oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Carefully run metal spatula around edge of cheesecake to loosen. Cover; chill at least 4 hours.
- In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and sour cream. Serve with cheesecake. Garnish with lavender flowers, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.