Chocolate Chip Waffles
Waffles made with chocolate chips make a sweet treat for breakfast or dessert.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, if desired
1 2/3 cups milk
1/3 cup melted butter
2 large eggs
- In a large bowl combine all purpose flour, semisweet chocolate chips, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, if desired.
- Add milk, melted butter and eggs. Mix until moistened. Some lumps may remain.
- Set preheated Waffle Baker (see Cook's Note) time to 3 minutes and 45 seconds and spread 1 cup of batter on the top side of the Waffle Baker.
- Close top; start timer and rotate baker.
- Fill second side of the baker; rotate baker again.
- When signal sounds, remove first waffle. Remove second waffle.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Makes about 6 servings.
Note: Waffle irons are not all the same, please follow the baking instructions for your particular waffle iron.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.