Chocolate Hazelnut Terrine with Raspberry Sauce
This elegant dessert is a hazelnut and chocolate-lover's dream served in a puddle of ruby-red raspberry sauce.
Dark Chocolate Layer
1 (12-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1/3 cup butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
Milk Chocolate Layer
1 (11.5-ounce) package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
1/3 cup butter
1 (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed, puréed and strained
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Line a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- For Dark Chocolate Layer: Microwave semi-sweet morsels and 1/3 cup butter in a medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in liqueur; cool to room temperature.
- Whip cream in a small mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold 2 cups whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Spoon into prepared loaf pan. Refrigerate remaining whipped cream.
- For Milk Chocolate Layer: Microwave milk chocolate morsels and 1/3 cup butter in a medium, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Stir remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Spread over dark chocolate layer. Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- For Raspberry Sauce: Cook raspberry purée, water, cornstarch and sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Cover; refrigerate.
- To Serve: Invert terrine onto serving platter; remove plastic wrap. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices; serve in a puddle of Raspberry Sauce.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 400 Calories from Fat: 260 Total Fat: 28 g Saturated Fat: 17 g Cholesterol: 55 mg Sodium: 65 mg Carbohydrates: 35 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 29 g Protein: 2 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.