Chocolate Mousse with Strawberry Cream
Luscious strawberry cream, spiked with creme de cacao, is topped with a scoop of rich chocolate mousse.
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup (6-ounces) semisweet chocolate pieces
4 tablespoons creme de cacao
1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream
1 (10-ounce) package frozen sliced California strawberries in syrup, thawed
- In small saucepan over high heat bring water and sugar to boil, stirring. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute.
- Combine chocolate pieces and sugar mixture in blender of food processor fitted with metal blade; whirl until cool to room temperature.
- In medium bowl beat 3/4 cup of the cream to form stiff peaks.
- With rubber spatula fold chocolate mixture into cream, blending thoroughly. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
- In blender or food processor combine strawberries with the remaining cream and creme de cacao; whirl until smooth. Cover and chill.
- To serve, pour equal amounts of the strawberry sauce into 6 dessert dishes and add scoops of the chocolate mixture.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: Mousse can be prepared a day or two in advance
Recipe provided courtesy of California Strawberry Commission. ©2003 California Strawberry Commission. All rights reserved. Used with permission.