Chocolate Paradise Terrine
Every bite of this rich and decadent chocolate ice cream dessert is like a taste of paradise.
1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cup (2 ounces) chopped dark chocolate-covered coconut candy bar
1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
1 1/2 pints (3 cups) vanilla ice cream, softened
Chocolate sauce or syrup (optional)
- Line 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with foil, allowing foil to come over sides of pan.
- Spread 2/3 of chocolate ice cream evenly over bottom of pan, forming 1/2-inch thick layer. Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Melt butter in small skillet over low heat. Add nuts; cook until nuts are golden brown. Cool.
- Stir nuts, candy and cherries into vanilla ice cream. Spread over chocolate ice cream layer; freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Cover vanilla ice cream with remaining chocolate ice cream, spreading evenly. Freeze overnight.
- To serve, remove from pan; peel off foil. Cut into 3/4-inch slices. Serve on plates lined with chocolate sauce or syrup, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.