Chocolate Raspberry Linzer Torte
A rich almond crust is the perfect complement to the chocolate-raspberry filling in this classic dessert torte.
This 1st Prize winning dessert was created by Jeanne Barnes of Milwaukee, WI.
1 cup ground almonds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
10 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine almonds, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar and egg yolk in medium mixer bowl. Gradually add flour alternating with almond mixture. Form one third of dough into a ball. Press ball of dough between sheets of wax paper on metal baking sheet to 9-inch circle. Place in freezer. Press remaining dough on bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate approximately 30 minutes.
- Stir jam and lemon juice together in small bowl. Melt morsels in uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals stirring just until morsels are melted. Swirl chocolate into jam mixture. Spread over dough.
- Remove dough circle from freezer. Cut into ten 3/4-inch wide strips. Use a knife to carefully place every other strip on top of raspberry mixture. Repeat with remaining dough strips, placing them crosswise to form a lattice appearance on top. Use a fork to press the ends of the strips into edge of crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Refrigerate for at least 3 1/2 hours or until well chilled. Remove side of tart pan and place on serving platter before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 530 Calories from Fat: 240 Total Fat: 27 g Saturated Fat: 13 g Cholesterol: 65 mg Sodium: 140 mg Carbohydrates: 67 g Dietary Fiber: 3 g Sugars: 42 g Protein: 7 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.