Chocolate Truffle Tart
Like a candy truffle, this tart combines the flavors of deep, rich chocolate with luscious, sweet raspberry.
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup ground walnuts
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 (12-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
1 cup sweetened whipped cream (optional)
1 cup fresh raspberries (optional)
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat flour, powdered sugar, nuts, butter and cocoa in large mixer bowl until soft dough forms. Press dough onto bottom and up side of ungreased 9 or 9 1/2-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom or 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until puffed. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For Filling: Combine cream and sugar in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes just to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in morsels and jam; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Transfer to small mixer bowl. Cover; refrigerate for 45 to 60 minutes or until mixture is cooled and slightly thickened.
- Beat for 20 to 30 seconds or just until color lightens slightly. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until firm. Remove side of pan; garnish with whipped cream and raspberries.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 577 Calories from Fat: 361 Total Fat: 40.1 g Saturated Fat: 20.6 g Cholesterol: 74 mg Sodium: 106 mg Carbohydrates: 56.3 g Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g Sugars: 36.9 g Protein: 3.8 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.