Cinnamon Roll Pudding
Using day-old cinnamon rolls elevates this twist on bread pudding to a stellar level of comfort food.
3 cups day-old cinnamon rolls, torn into pieces
4 large eggs
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk
1 tablespoon butter
- Generously butter an 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Line the bottom with the cinnamon roll pieces. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a small bowl the egg whites with salt, sugar, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Combine the milk and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter has melted. Remove from heat. Slowly stir the egg mixture into the milk mixture; mix well.
- Pour mixture over cinnamon pieces. Allow to soak for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake pudding for 45 minutes to an hour or until just barely set.
Makes 6 servings.