Cinnamon Apple Dumplings
An easy, shortcut version of an old-fashioned dessert.
1 (12-ounce) package frozen STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Thaw escalloped apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes; set aside.
- Melt butter in an 11x7x2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Roll crescent roll dough into a 10 x 14-inch rectangle. Spread with apples.
- Combine brown sugar and next 3 ingredients. Sprinkle over apples. Roll dough up, jelly roll fashion, sealing seam; cut into 16 (3/4-inch-thick) slices, and place in prepared baking dish. Pour sugar syrup carefully over dumplings.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 30 to 35 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.