Cinnamon Rice Flan
Flan, a favorite dessert of South Americans. This version is enriched with rice.
4 large eggs
1 cup cooked rice
1 cup milk
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl. Add rice, milk, condensed milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour into 8 greased individual custard cups or ramekins.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle on top.
- Set cups in large baking pan; pour 1-inch hot water into pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°F) for 40 to 45 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.