Cocoa Mascarpone Raspberry Tart
An elegant chocolate tart with an almond and chocolate wafer crust, a creamy cocoa mascarpone filling and a crown of fresh raspberries.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
12 thin chocolate wafers (to yield 1/2 cup crumbs)
1 cup mascarpone
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus more for dusting on top
2 pints fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or microwave.
- Place the almonds and cookies in the work bowl of the food processor and finely grind.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the melted butter with the crumb mixture,stirring until evenly moistened.
- Lightly grease a tart pan. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan, but not up the sides. Bake until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While the tart shell is baking and cooling, whisk together the mascarpone, heavy cream, cocoa powder, and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar in the other bowl.
- Dot the cooled cookie crust with tablespoonfuls of the filling. Smooth the filling over the crust with a spatula, being careful not to stir up the crumbs. top with the berries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, lightly sift powdered sugar over the berries.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.