Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
Teaming two favorites such as cheesecake and chocolate sandwich cookies results in a truly rich and satisfying confection worthy of company.
1 pound chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, finely crushed
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup heavy cream
6 large eggs
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch spring form pan..
- Use a food processor to crush the cookies or place them, 3 or 4 at a time inside a sturdy plastic bag. Roll over them with a pie roller until crushed. Mix half of the crumbs with melted butter and press into the bottom of the prepared spring form pan. Refrigerate pan while preparing the filling.
- For Filling: In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese with the sugar and whipping cream; mix until no lumps remain in the batter.
- Add eggs, flour, and vanilla and beat until just smooth. Pour half of the filling over the prepared crust and scatter the remaining cookie crumbs over the top. Pour remaining filling over the cookie crumbs.
- Bake until the cheesecake is golden on top and the center is almost solid, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Run a table knife around the outside edge of the cheesecake to loosen cake from the pan. Remove the spring form and place cake on a serving platter. Decorate the cheesecake with whipped cream and chocolate sandwich cookies.
Makes 12 servings.