Cranberry Chocolate Panini
Panini is reinvented as the ultimate comfort food with the addition of chocolate, sweetened cranberries and milk chocolate morsels rolled into a butter-brushed bread.
A finalist in the 2000 Share The Very Best Recipe Contest, this recipe was submitted by Susan Asanovic of Wilton, CT.
1/4 cup warm water
1 (0.25-ounce) package active-dry or fast-rising yeast or 2 1/2 teaspoons
1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons butter, melted - divided use
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
3 cups bread flour
1/4 cup milk chocolate morsels (optional)
1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries or cherries, coarsely chopped
8 ounces NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars, broken into pieces
- Combine water, yeast in large mixer bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes or until mixture looks creamy. Add evaporated milk, honey, 1 tablespoon butter and salt. With mixer on medium speed, gradually add 2 cups flour, a half cup at a time, scraping bowl often. Using wooden spoon, stir in morsels and cranberries. Stir in up to 1 cup of the remaining flour. Dough should stick to the spoon and clean itself from side of bowl.
- Turn dough out onto slightly floured surface. Knead in additional flour to make a slightly stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes). Place in greased bowl; turn to grease surface. Cover; let rise in warm place for about 1 hour or until double in size.
- Punch dough down. Divide dough into 8 pieces. Flatten each piece into 6 x 4-inch rectangle. Place one square chocolate in center and roll up. Fold ends under. Place on greased baking sheet(s). Cover; let rise in warm place for 15 minutes or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Brush rolls with remaining butter.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on bottom. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 8 rolls.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.