Cream Cheese Flan
Rich and creamy flan with a beautiful amber sauce makes for a striking presentation.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
5 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until dissolved and caramel colored. Quickly pour into bottom of 2-quart casserole dish.
- Place evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, eggs and vanilla extract in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish. Place casserole in 13x9x2-inch baking dish; fill baking dish with warm water to 1-inch depth.
- Bake for l hour and 20 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Remove flan from hot water; cool to room temperature in casserole on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Run knife around rim; gently shake to loosen. Invert onto serving dish.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.