Cream Cheese Torte
An easy cheesecake filling is baked in a pastry pie shell.
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
5 large egg yolks
2 cups sour cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
5 large egg whites, beaten
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- Mix in bowl with an electric mixer, combine 12-ounces softened cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, 5 egg yolks, 2 cups sour cream, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in a 325°F (160°C) for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave the torte in the warm oven for 1 hour with the door closed. Open the oven door and leave the torte in the oven for another 1/2 hour.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Makes 8 servings.