Creamy Chocolate Pudding
Smooth and creamy homemade chocolate pudding, an old-fashioned favorite dessert—every bite is a spoonful of chocolate comfort.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 egg yolks, beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a heavy medium saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir about 1 cup of hot mixture into beaten egg yolks. Return yolk mixture to saucepan.
- Continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla, stirring until butter melts.
- Pour mixture into a medium bowl. Cover surface with clear plastic wrap.
- To serve, spoon (warm or chilled) into dessert dishes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.