Creamy Rice and Pineapple Parfaits
A creamy lemon and rice gelatin, studded with pineapple chunks and chopped nuts, is layered with chocolate cookie crumbs in parfait glasses.
1 (15.25-ounce) can pineapple chunks
1 (3-ounce) package lemon flavor gelatin
1 cup ginger ale
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
3/4 cup chopped pecans or other nuts
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- Drain pineapple. Set aside.
- Add water to juice to make 3/4 cup. Heat to boiling. Add gelatin; stir to dissolve. Stir in ginger ale. Chill until slightly thickened.
- Beat gelatin mixture until frothy. Add pineapple, rice and nuts. Fold in whipped cream.
- Alternate layers of pudding and cookie crumbs in parfait glasses, making 3 layers of pudding and 2 of crumbs. Or spoon pudding into dessert dishes and top with crumbs. Return to refrigerator to set.
- Garnish with extra whipped cream and pineapple chunks or maraschino cherries, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.