Creamy Vanilla Pudding
Wholesome, smooth and creamy vanilla pudding—an old fashioned dessert that you can feel good about serving your family.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
2 egg yolks, beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a heavy medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir about 1 cup of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return yolk mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla until butter melts.
- Pour mixture into a medium bowl. Cover surface with clear plastic wrap.
- To serve, spoon into dessert dishes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.