Crêpes with Caramel Sauce with Mascarpone Cheese
An elegant dessert of crêpes served with a caramel sauce that will make any occasion special.
3/4 cup whipping cream - divided use
4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
8 ounces Wisconsin Mascarpone Cheese
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
3/4 cup apricot jam
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 (13.4-ounce) can or bottle dulce de leche (cajeta) caramel sauce (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 cup milk
12 purchased or homemade crêpes (see recipe)
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- For Filling: Heat 1/2 cup whipping cream just to boiling point. Remove from heat and add chocolate; let stand 3 minutes. Stir until smooth; set aside.
- Whisk together remaining whipping cream and Mascarpone. Stir in chocolate mixture, lime juice and jam. Refrigerate until thickened.
- Preheat oven 350°F (175°C).
- For Sauce: Whisk together sauce ingredients in pan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Assemble crêpes: Spread 1/3 cup of filling almost to edges of each crêpe. Fold like a blintz. Place in shallow dish and cover with sauce. Sprinkle nuts over.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.