Crunchy Pear Cheesecake
Recipe courtesy of California Pear Advisory Board.
3/4 cup quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and sliced
1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, stir to combine flour, oats, brown sugar, packed and cinnamon. Stir in butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar, egg and vanilla extract; spread over baked crust. Top with pear slices, remaining oat mixture and nuts.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 30 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 297; Total Fat: 17g; Total Carbs: 34g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 66mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Pear Advisory Board.