A basic recipe for sweet crêpes perfect for making elegant desserts with a variety of sweet fillings.
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup water
- In a bowl; combine eggs, milk, flour, water, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add flour and sugar alternately with milk and water, beating with electric mixer until smooth.
- Refrigerate batter at least an hour.
- To bake crêpes; on medium-high heat, heat buttered, 8 or 10-inch pan until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. For each crêpe, pour scant 1/4 cup batter in pan, lift and tilt skillet to spread the batter. Cook until lightly browned on bottom; remove from pan, or, if desired, turn and brown other side.
- Fill each crêpe with desired filling. To store; you may stack your crêpes between sheets of waxed paper until ready to use.
Makes about 12 crêpes.
Recipe provided courtesy of Iowa Egg Council.