Fruity Cheese Pizza
Refrigerated sugar cookie dough makes a quick and easy crust for this tasty fruit dessert pizza with a vanilla cream cheese 'sauce' and fresh fruit toppings.
1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookies
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened*
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 cup strawberry halves
1/2 cup banana slices
1/2 cup peach preserves or orange marmalade
2 tablespoons water
- Freeze cookie dough 1 hour. Slice into 1/8-inch slices. Line a foil-lined 14-inch pizza pan with the cookie slices, overlapping edges slightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Invert onto serving plate; carefully remove foil. Turn right side up.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, mixing until well blended. Spread over crust.
- Arrange fruit over cream cheese layer.
- Glaze with combined marmalade and water: Chill. Cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 10 servings.
*Or substitute with 1 cup plain yogurt cheese.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.