Gala Apricot Cheesecake
A no-bake, brandied apricot cheesecake with a taste so festive you could serve it at a gala event.
2 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 package unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup cold water
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons brandy
1/2 cup dried apricot, chopped
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
1 (10-ounce) jar apricot jam
1 tablespoon brandy
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and melted butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool.
- For Filling: Soften unflavored gelatin in cold water; stir over low heat until dissolved.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar; mixing at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add the gelatin mixture and brandy to the cream cheese mixture; mixing until well blended. Chill until slightly thickened.
- Whip cream to soft peaks. Fold into thickened mixture, chopped dried apricots and whipped cream. Pour into the crust; chill until firm.
- For Topping: Heat apricot jam and brandy over low heat; cool, then spoon over the cheesecake.
Makes 12 servings.