Grilled Fruit Kabobs with Tropical Yogurt Sauce
Char-grilled fruits with a tropical dipping sauce makes an ideal ending to a backyard feast cooked on a grill.
6 bamboo skewers, 8 to 10-inches long
6 ounces key lime pie yogurt
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoons imitation coconut extract (optional)
1 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoons butter, melted
1 small pineapple, peeled and cored
1 pound large, firm, fresh strawberries
2 large firm nectarines or peaches, fresh, pitted and cut into wedges
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
- Soak skewers in warm water for several minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, process yogurt, cream cheese, sugar and coconut extract. Cover and chill.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice and melted butter. Set aside.
- Cut pineapple into 1-inch wide slices; quarter slices. Remove hulls (leaves) from strawberries.
- Alternately, thread strawberries, pineapple and nectarine or peach wedges on skewers. Brush with butter mixture.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through, turning once or twice. Do not allow strawberries to overcook.
- Remove grilled fruit from skewers; serve with yogurt dipping sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.