Grilled Fruit Skewers
Grilled fruit kabobs are fun, festive and delicious served with ice cream.
1 container large strawberries, cleaned
2 mangos, peeled and seeded
1/2 large papaya, peeled and seeded
1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into even pieces
Butter pecan or vanilla ice cream for accompaniment (optional)
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a charcoal grill to medium heat.
- Start threading the fruit onto the skewers, beginning with strawberries, then pineapple, then papaya, and mango. Continue alternating among the four.
- Grill the fruit, turning as necessary, for about 6-8 minutes. Grill time will vary depending on ripeness of fruit.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and serve over scoops of butter pecan or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of SummerKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.