Hot Fudge Cake
Top this yummy, chocolaty dessert with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa - divided use
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cups hot water
Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in the milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. Spread in an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over all; do not stir.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm.
- Top with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Makes 9 servings.