Kiwifruit Frozen Yogurt
Creamy scoops of frozen kiwifruit yogurt served in a puddle of raspberry sauce, garnished with fresh kiwifruit slices and raspberries.
Kiwifruit Frozen Yogurt:
2 California kiwifruit, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1 pint frozen low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt, softened
1 to 2 drops of green food coloring (optional)
1 (10-ounce) package frozen red raspberries in syrup, thawed
2 tablespoons triple sec or other orange liqueur
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3 California kiwifruit, ends trimmed and sliced lengthwise
Fresh mint leaves
Fresh or frozen whole raspberries (optional)
- For Kiwifruit Frozen Yogurt: In food processor or blender, purée chopped kiwifruit; stir in honey. Place in freezer and freeze until slushy (about 45 minutes).
- In stainless steel bowl, quickly combine softened yogurt, kiwifruit mixture and food coloring; refreeze in bowl.
- With small ice cream scoop (about 2 tablespoons) form 12 balls and place on wax paper-lines tray; refreeze.
- For Raspberry Sauce: In food processor or blender purée thawed raspberries. Over saucepan, strain berries, through a fine sieve, pressing with back of spoon. Discard seeds. Stir in orange liqueur and cornstarch. Bring to boil, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Cool; cover and chill.
- To Assemble: Spoon about 2 tablespoons sauce on each of 6 dessert plates or shallow bowls. Arrange kiwifruit slices and frozen yogurt balls on sauce. Garnish with mint and whole raspberries.
Make 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Total calories: 190 Calories from fat: 10 Percent calories from fat: 5% Total fat: 1 grams Saturated fat: .5 grams Cholesterol: 5 Mg. Sodium: 45 Mg. Carbohydrates: 40 grams Sugar: 34 grams Protein: 4 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of California Kiwifruit Commission.