Bill Nicholson's Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding
This is Bill Nicholson's decadent bread pudding recipe as seen on Paula Deen's cooking show, Paula's Home Cooking.
2 dozen (stale) Krispy Kreme donuts*
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
2 (14.5-ounce) cans fruit cocktail (undrained)
2 large eggs, beaten
1 (9-ounce) box golden raisins
1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Butter Rum Sauce:
1/2 cup butter
1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
Rum, to taste
- For Pudding: Generously grease a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Cube donuts into prepared baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over doughnuts and let soak for about 30 minutes (or cover and place in refrigerator overnight).
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F (175°F).
- Bake for about 1 hour until center is firm. Serve warm with Butter Rum Sauce drizzled over individual servings.
- For Butter Run Sauce: Melt butter and slowly stir in powdered sugar. Add rum to taste, and heat until bubbly. Pour over individual servings of the bread pudding.
Makes 12 servings.
*If Krispy Kremes are not unavailable in your area, you can substitute with other glazed doughnuts. However, you should take into consideration that a Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut is about 3/4 the size of other well-known glazed doughnuts, so you may only need about 1 1/2 dozen of the other brand.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Get Cookin' with Paula Deene; through EQAL.