A simple espresso-flavored cheesecake in a graham cracker crust.
14 graham crackers, finely crushed
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar - divided use
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- For Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter in a small bowl. Mix until evenly combined. Press into bottom and 1-inch up sides of prepared pan.
- For Filling: Blend cream cheese and remaining 1 cup sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, espreso powder and vanilla until well blended. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until set. Center of cake will jiggle slightly. Turn oven off, leave door ajar and allow cake to cool in oven for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Makes 12 servings.