Lemon Mascarpone Tiramisu
Lemon lover's rejoice! Here's the perfect tiramisu just for you!
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons powdered sugar - divided use
1/4 to 1/3 cup cream sherry or 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry extract (optional)
2 (3-ounce) packages soft ladyfingers
1 cup whipping cream
8 ounces Wisconsin Mascarpone Cheese
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 (10 to 11.25-ounce) jar lemon curd
1/2 cup lemon yogurt, preferably whole milk
- Combine lemon juice and 3 tablespoons powdered sugar in small bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add sherry, if desired.
- Reserve three (doubled) lady fingers for garnish.
- Brush bottom of 8-inch square glass dish lightly with lemon juice mixture; place one layer of split ladyfingers, cut side up, over bottom of dish. Brush with half of lemon juice mixture.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Beat in 1/4 cup of remaining powdered sugar; set aside.
- Place cheese in mixer bowl, stir until softened. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat just until light and fluffy.
- Fold whipped cream into cheese mixture with rubber spatula; set aside.
- Beat lemon curd and yogurt on medium speed of electric mixer until blended.
- Spread half of lemon curd mixture over ladyfingers; top with half of cheese mixture. Place another layer of ladyfingers, cut side up over cheese mixture. Brush with remaining lemon juice mixture. Layer with remaining lemon curd and cheese mixtures.
- Place reserved ladyfingers in food processor or blender; process to fine crumbs and sprinkle over tiramisu.
- Cover and chill at least 6 hours.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.