An elegant, Grand Marnier-spiked Italian take on the classic dessert, Bavarian cream.
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup water
1 package unflavored gelatin
1 cup chilled white wine
2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1 (7-ounce) container Wisconsin Mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Grand Marnier liqueur
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
1 cup blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 3/4 cup water in saucepan. Bring to boil; simmer 3 minutes.
- Soften 1 package gelatin in wine. Add to sugar mixture; heat until gelatin is dissolved. Chill 30 minutes.
- Soften 2 teaspoons gelatin in 1/4 cup water; stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Combine cheese, sugar, liqueur, and peels; mix until well-blended. Gradually add gelatin mixture, mixing until well-blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- Lightly oil 6 cup ring mold; arrange berries on bottom. Spoon cheese mixture over berries; smooth with spatula. When liqueur mixture is ready, gently pour over cheese mixture (cheese mixture will rise to top).
- Chill until set, about 3 hours. Unmold.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.