Mascarpone Cappuccino Panna Cotta
For a delightful presentation, serve this creamy Italian dessert in cappuccino cups topped with a chocolate-covered coffee bean.
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup very strong espresso
1/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin, softened in 3 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Wisconsin Mascarpone Cheese
Chocolate-covered coffee beans for garnish (optional)
- Heat cream with sugar, butter, espresso and chocolate until sugar is dissolved and butter and chocolate are melted.
- Remove from heat and whisk in softened gelatin to dissolve.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients to blend. Chill slightly.
- Pour into 4 cappuccino cups or 6 espresso cups. Refrigerate until set.
- Garnish with chocolate-covered coffee beans, if desired.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.