Orange Cream Trifle
So very easy, yet so elegant—and so very good! Trifles are always a good choice when entertaining and this version is sure please the most discerning palates.
2 (3-ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 cup (8 ounces) Wisconsin Ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
1 (10.5-ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed
1/4 cup raspberry preserves
Fresh raspberries, blueberries additional whipped cream and orange peel for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix with milk, stirring until smooth. Stir in orange juice concentrate. Add Ricotta and orange peel; mix well. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place one cup of cream mixture in bottom of trifle bowl, a straight-sided, deep glass bowl.
- Slice pound cake into 3/8-inch slices (16 slices) and spread with preserves.
- Cut 6 slices in half; arrange around inside of bowl.
- Place 5 slices of cake over cream mixture.
- Top with 2 cups cream mixture, 5 slices of cake and remaining cream mixture.
- Chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish with raspberries, blueberries, whipped cream and orange peel, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.