Orange Upside-Down Cheesecake
This easy no-bake, egg-free orange cheesecake has a unique twist—the vanilla wafer crumb crust starts out on top, but ends up on bottom when inverted onto a serving plate.
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1/4 cup ganulated sugar
2 oranges, peeled
1 (0.25-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup orange juice
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 cup cream, whipped
1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- For Filling: In a saucepan, soften 1 envelope unflavored gelatin in 1 1/2 cups orange juice. Add 1/4 cup sugar and stir over low heat until dissolved. Chill until slightly thickened.
- Arrange the sections from peeled oranges on the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Pour the gelatin mixture over the oranges; chill until thickened again but not set.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan soften 1 envelope unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup orange juice; stir over low heat until dissolved.
- In a mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and grated orange peel; mixing at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add the gelatin mixture; mixing until well blended. Chill until slightly thickened then fold in cream whipped to soft peaks. Pour over the orange sections and chill.
- For Crust: In a seperate bowl combine vanilla wafer crumbs, cinnamon, and melted butter; gently press onto the top of the cheesecake. Chill.
- Loosen from the rim of the pan and invert onto a serving plate. Remove the rim of the pan.
Makes 12 servings.